NO PLAYER THAT IS CARDED OR PLAYING ON ANOTHER TEAM SHALL BE ALLOWED TO BE ROSTERED ON A JYS IN-TOWN TEAM.
GROUP III (8-9 years old as of 9/30/current year) -- RULES OF PLAY
• Field Size: 80 yds. X 40 yds.
• Junior size goal
• 8 players (7 fielders and 1 goalie)
• Two (25 minute) halves - 10 min. half-time
• Size 4 soccer ball
• No Jewelry, Casts, Gum, or Hooded Sweatshirts allowed
• A maximum win differential of 6 (six) goals – Good Sportsmanship
(If for any reason either team cannot field a full team, then both coaches will decide on the number of
players. Both teams must play with the same number of players on the field.)
Substitutions (allowed at referee’s discretion)
• Goal Kick – Either team
• Throw in – Throwing team only
• After a goal – Either team
No sliding or slide tacking – direct free kick
Any handball = direct free kick
Dangerous play or obstruction = indirect free kick
Pushing/shoving = direct free kick
Tackling from behind (all instances) = direct free kick
Off-sides: rule in effect
Penalty shot in effect - A penalty kick is awarded if a player commits a direct free kick foul within their own penalty area. Examples of a direct free kick foul are: kicking, tripping, charging, striking, pushing, tackling, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball, holding, spitting, and deliberately handling the ball.